To accompany the article So you think humans are unique? New Scientist magazine has selected six articles from its archive that challenge notions that the following characteristics are uniquely human (subscription required):
1. Culture - Read the original article: Culture shock (24 March 2001)
2. Mind Reading - Liar! Liar! (14 February 1998)
3. Tool Use - Look, no hands (17 August 2002)
4. Morality - Virtuous nature (13 July 2002)
5. Emotions - Do animals have emotions? (23 May 2007)
6. Personality - Critters with attitude (3 June 2001)
Do you think humans are unique? Take our poll!