Friday, February 12, 2010

Randi Epstein's "Get Me Out: Making Babies Throughout the Ages"

As I was driving past the Brazilian Embassy a few days back on Massachusetts Ave in DC, I turned on the radio and heard "So tell me about these do-it-yourself forceps". My interest was instantly piqued. It was Fresh Air on NPR, and Terry Gross was interviewing Randi Epstein about her new book called "Get Me Out: Making Babies Through the Ages". Though the interview was only about 15 minutes long, it gave a very exciting example of what the book would provide, a deep look at technology, politics and sociology behind the history of women conceiving and delivering babies, right up until today's discussion of designer babies. Randi's interview was fascinating and I'm looking forward to grabbing the book!

[Editor's note: And read together with our previous post about Why I Love Designer Babies, you get a really  interesting, fun, and thought-provoking read]

No comments: