From Wired Science News, a countdown of the top 10 organisms that didn't exist on Dec. 31, 2006.
1. Ashera GD hypoallergenic cat (although there seems to be some questions as to whether these really have been created -- see this link.)
2. Butanol-producing E. coli
3. Artful fluorescent tadpoles
4. Insulin-producing lettuce
5. Super CO2-absorbing trees
6. Rapid vaccine-making button mushrooms (funded by DARPA)
7. Glow-in-the-dark cats
8. Cancer-fighting Clostridium bacteria
9. Schizophrenic mice
10. Yeast with poison-sensing rat genes
For the full article, click here.